Plan, create and code internet sites and web pages. Also responsible for maintaining websites ensuring sites are functioning effortlessly and are available to users. Register domain names, design logos and company intros, correct software bugs, track traffic, write content, deal with Search Engine Optimization, and maintain security to prevent hacking.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Marketing and Student Recruitment team to produce unique, innovative designs
- Meet client expectations on timelines, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis, and other follow-up items related to content marketing campaigns
- Manage web page contents, online marketing and online advertising in coordination with Digital Marketing officer
- Create and manage engaging e-mail marketing campaigns in coordination with the Digital Marketing Officer and graphic designers
- Monitor SEO rankings to enhance and alter the SEO strategy to improve online marketing
- Utilize SEO tools and services to provide reports and trends as requested by the Marketing and Student Recruitment team
- Create designs in accordance with the Branding and Marketing strategies
- Collaborate with various departments to understand website goals, consider user experience and information architecture, to create website design solutions that are usable by all audiences in accordance with the College’s branding standards
- Work closely with graphic designers, Marketing and Student Recruitment team, Senior Management, Digital Marketing Officers and other internal and external stakeholders to bring to life the College’s brand, product information, and other website contents
- Proactively scope and present new ideas in improving the College website experience for prospects, leads, and customers in accordance with the branding guidelines
- Amend web designs based on the feedback
- Manage the day-to-day website content, branding, product information, and landing pages
- Take part in the initial planning of web site, meet with departments to discuss ideas for the layout and organization of the site, the types of colors or images to use
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately
- Examine and analyze site traffic
- Utilize scripting languages
- Serve as the server administrator
- Develop, program, and deploy dynamic web sites and web applications for online communication and collaboration
- Coordinate the maintenance, efficiency, and functionality of the College’ website architecture (internet and intranet)
- Secure the College’s webpages from cross-site scripting, SQL injection, and other forms of attacks
- Ensure all design requests are well developed and completed within the deadline
- Create electronic forms that serve various needs of the College
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required; Master’s degree is preferable from an accredited College.
3-5 years’ work experience in a similar position.
Previous experience in the Education Sector.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Familiarity with web standards
- Working knowledge of website management tools
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Goal-oriented and highly ethical.
- Knowledge of the HE sector or target audience.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment and to cope with pressure in a positive manner while working to deadlines within a busy and demanding environment.
- Must be accurate and pay close attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
*Applications should include the current curriculum vitae and work portfolio.
- Experience 2-5 Years